Saturday, November 15, 2008

Great post, Emily

post! We could learn a lot from each other.
I am married to a person whose job it is to enforce the tyrannical tax laws and rules, and it really gnaws at me. She says that she doesn't make the laws, only enforces them, and if she didn't do it the IRS would just get someone else for the job. Sounds like the Nuremberg defense to me.

When I see all the ways in which the federal government purposefully tramples on the individual rights granted by the constitution I wonder if the country is worth defending any more. That's something I never thought I would think or say.

Are we past the tipping point? Can we be saved from the liberal fascism now in ascendance? Is there a free (relatively) country left in the world?

2 comments:

The Wandering Wolverine said...

Hey, Dad...this is too extreme!

Emily said...

As a Conservative, I would say that what we have to do now is defend the country, whether it means winning or losing elections. The country is still center-right, and they will eventually see which way is right. This is exactly what happened with Reagan, and it can happen again.